Pages

The Da vinci

Had been away for quite sometime for this little blog.
Guess what I'm doing recently?
Well, like usual, there goes the lame excuse "busy"..XD
In fact, I'm really busy.

Let me share one of the interesting place I went during this period of time.

"The Da Vinci Exhibition"

Yup...the one at Science Center Singapore.

The moment I enter the main entrance, I notice this small shop doing the
"your own monalisa photo stuff"
I didn't asked, but i guess it's quite expensive...
so I just do it myself when i returned...
And the result is...


Lolx...an evil monalisa....wahahhahaa...Ok...its just for fun...so pardon my poor photoshop skill..

Ok...Get back to the exhibition...

Its very crowded, and the first part into the exhibition hall is the time line of Da Vinci life. Its full with words and first time ever I'm reading the words hanging on the wall.

May be the ticket to the exhibition is too expensive, or is this curiosity?

A little bit of the info that I can recall is that Leonardo Da Vinci didn't receive early education. Since he's left handed, thus all his earlier writings are in mirror condition, because he don't want to smear the ink.
However, some research from outside says that he writes everything in mirror image to avoid his findings from being copied. I wonder which one is true.

Further on to another part of the exhibition is the things created by Leonardo Da Vinci.

Among the earliest things created by Leonardo Da Vinci are the parachute and the flight. A pyramid shaped parachuet which tested to be functioning very well and also a bird pair of bird's wings for the flight. They say he dream to fly like a bird...^^

Leonardo da Vinci is a perfectionist. He want to learn everything and he master it all.

Besides, he also design weapons which is very contradicting to his personal principle at the salary of 100 bucks per month. He was looked down not because he's not talented but because people doesn't believe in him.
I'm amazed at his drawings on human beings and their organs. Extremely detailed and precise.

As a sculptor, he manage to make a bronze horse at a 3 times scale. The horse was said to be very grand and can be seen as if moving although its static. However, the horse is then demolished during a war(forgot which war already).

Below is the photo of his drawing from his notes on how he got to built the large horse. On the other side, you can see his drawings on the human muscles.
Da Vinci also designed an ideal city for human where he thinks that animal should live in the lower level of the building to avoid the spreading of disease from animal to human. Its quite true. We all now get hunted by so many types of disease spread by animals. However, that city is said to be incomplete.


If you ask about the part that I spend most of my time then it would be the part showing the master piece by Da Vinci.

It would be "The last supper" and "Monalisa". I love to see paintings and I'm just enjoying that part so much.

For me, both paintings are too perfect to be judged. But in the eye of Leonardo Da Vinci, there are lots havent been completed. One part of it would be the hand.

They details up every single part of the drawing to be analysed including the correction done by Leonardo Da Vinci during the painting process.

From the infra-red copy of the painting showed below, you can notice that the fingers are relocated.


Besides, they detailed up every single part of the drawing to spot the damage to the drawing due to the environment and age.

Spot the damage done by water at the edge of the left eye.

Other then that, they tried their best to retreive the original colour of the painting. The colour of the painting we can see now is not the actual colour of the painting due to the few layers of ageing varnish.
They also tried to find the material used for this painting. Its said that Da Vinci is using the egg york as the material for this painting. Because a good egg for the painting will make the painting shiny.

And there goes the secret of teh drawing revieled to the public.
Ops... I think I'm off too far to the drawing part. There are too many thing to share on this exhibition. I won't be able to talk about it all.

So if you are interested or you want to know about the secret of the painting, hurry up and visit Singapore Science Center.
The exhibition is until 16th August.
I didn't regret for the money I paid. What about you?

4 comments: